We are so excited to let you know,that here in St.Colmclles GNS, work is beginning on an evening of music, dance and drama which will involve students from 2nd to 6th class.
The title of the show is The Three Musketeers – 5th class will perform the play with strong support from 4th class. Because we want to highlight the extraordinary talent of our students our play will be complemented by amazing interval acts – highlighting dance in 2nd class, singing in 3rd and violin playing in 6th. From 2nd class upwards everyone will have the chance to shine!
We hope you will be able to join us for our performance, which will be held over two nights on Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th of April 2018 at St Colmcille’s B.N.S. 5th class will perform on both nights but every other class will perform on either the Monday or the Tuesday. ( not both nights)
There will also be a rehearsal held on Sunday 15th of April for all children. Details will follow closer to the time of day your child is performing, the time the concert will take place and the time of rehearsal.
This concert is a lot of fun – but beyond that, school concerts are incredibly valuable for all sorts of reasons. Here are just a few of the things that concerts do:
- Improve vocabulary, reading skills, and reading comprehension
- Improve speaking and presentation skills
- Build new friendships and classroom camaraderie and teamwork
- Include EVERY student, regardless of academic ability or language fluency
- Build confidence and social skills
- Motivate students and encourage good behaviour
- Give students a sense of ownership and pride
- Incorporate drama, music, art, and movement into the learning process
We are so excited to begin work on our show, and I think our students will truly work hard and grow from the process. We will be corresponding with you with more details in the weeks ahead but for now SAVE THE DATE and savour the anticipation ..