Earlier this year we welcomed Dublin star Paul Flynn and the Sam Maguire cup to our school. We also were delighted to welcome past pupil Niamh Rickard, who is a member of the Dublin ladies football team, and the Leinster trophy. The entire school gathered in the yard and sang Molly Malone with gusto! We hope to see them again next year!
On Monday the 18th May our Annual Sponsored Decathlon took place around the school grounds. All classes had a wonderful time and took part in a variety of events including races, target shoot and pitch and putt!
All the girls received medals and a plaque was awarded to the sportsgirl of every class. Congratulations to Gemma who won Junior Sportsgirl and congratulations to Siobhán who won Senior Sportgirl. We are looking forward to next year already!
Our annual Sponsored Decathlon will take place on Monday 18th May 2015, weather permitting.
All children will need:
- potato and spoon
- scarf/tights for 3 legged race
- plenty of fluids
- suncream (depending on weather)
The children will wear their tracksuits on the day. Unfortunately, due to limited space, parents are unable to attend. Good luck to all the girls taking part!
- Our Parents’ Association have organised an Anti-Bullying Talk for Thursday 5th June in Room 1. This will commence at 7.30pm.
- Uniforms and tracksuits will be on sale in the school hall on 5th and 6th June from 1.30pm-2.30pm.
- Sports Day will take place on Monday 9th June for all classes, weather permitting. Sponsorship cards are to be returned to the class teacher.
- Our end of year Violin Recital will take place on Wednesday 11th June at 1.30pm in the school hall. All parents are invited to come and enjoy the music provided by the girls in 4th, 5th and 6th Class.
- The school will close for the summer holidays on Friday 27th June at 12.00pm. Please note that this is a non-uniform day.
After a very competitive sports day the junior, and then senior classes, gathered in the hall to hear the team results and announcement of the individual class winners. There was great anticipation in the hall especially before the Junior and Senior Sportsgirls were revealed. Congratulations to all who participated. Great fun was had by pupils and teachers alike!
The results are as follows:
- Junior Infants Ms. MacMahon: Sophia
- Junior Infants Ms. Fox: Isobel
- Senior Infants Ms. Aherne: Jasmine
- Senior Infants Ms. O’Brien: Anna
- First Class Ms. Collins: Julija
- First Class Ms. Sutton: Jennifer
- Second Class Ms. Lennon: Rebecca
- Second Class Ms. O’Flaherty: Favour
- Third Class Ms. Lineen: Gwyneth
- Third Class Ms. Enright: Robyn
- Fourth Class Ms. O’Connell: Emmely
- Fourth Class Ms. Grealis: Meenu
- Fourth Class Mrs. O’Connell: Ciara
- Fifth Class Ms. Burke: Rebecca
- Fifth Class Ms. Moore: Lauren
- Sixth Class Ms. Daly: Lauren
- Sixth Class Ms. Downey: Gwen
Junior Sportsgirl Julija
Senior Sportsgirl Lauren
Click on images to enlarge
After a false start earlier in the week our Sports Day went ahead under glorious sunshine. All classes took part in ten various events ranging from sprint racing to pitch and putt. A wonderful day was enjoyed by all involved.
Click on images to enlarge.
On Wednesday, 19th September the girls from second to sixth classes gathered in the school hall to welcome back a famous past pupil. We were delighted and honoured that Paralympian, Catherine Walsh, visited us. Catherine passed her Silver and Bronze medals around the hall for all the girls to hold. This caused great excitement as it’s not everyday that we get to hold an Olympic medal. Her daughter, Alison in third class, is getting used to having a famous mother!!
Catherine spoke to the girls about the importance of doing your best regardless of whether it’s sport or school work. She also spoke about the commitment and training it takes to be an elite athlete. The girls then had an opportunity to ask Catherine questions. On her departure she was treated to a rousing rendition of Ireland’s Call. Congratulations to Catherine and her family!!